Visit Lime Kiln State Park on the west side of San Juan Island – a great place to see killer whales passing during the summer! Pack a lunch and enjoy the view while you watch for whales.
Check out Barbara’s Web Site
San Juan Safaris Whale Watch & Wildlife Tours
San Juan Excursions
Western Prince Whale & Wildlife Tours
Several restaurants make an extra effort to provide the quality food and service. Those who take reservations are listed below.
Haley’s Bait Shop and Grill
Duck Soup Inn
* In general, plan on three hours for each ferry passage. This includes ferry ride and waiting time.
* Only the Washington State Ferries take vehicles to San Juan Island. The ferry requires reservations, both coming and departing the island. You can call direct 1-888-808-7977 (they are super nice) or get the Washington state ferry app for you phone and make reservations on line.
* Having a car on the island is convenient, but you can park your car at the Anacortes ferry terminal and walk on the ferry allowing you to arrive at the terminal just 30-40 minutes before departure. Rental cars, bikes and mopeds are available on San Juan Island.
* The amenities at the Anacortes terminal are limited. Stop in Anacortes for take-out food and a good book.
* Waiting for a ferry in Friday Harbor is more enjoyable. The ferry parking lot is near downtown stores.
* Try to plan your departure from Sea/Tac Airport for late afternoon. Otherwise you’ll have to leave the island in the early morning. Allow enough to get through Seattle traffic and get your rental car turned in if needed, at least 3 hours.
British Columbia Ferries
Washington State Ferries
Tourism British Columbia
Visitor Information Service
Just For Fun
Crystal Seas Kayaking
Friday Harbor Marine
Discovery Sea Kayak
Outdoor Odysseys Kayaking
Orcas Island Chamber of Commerce
Lopez Island Chamber of Commerce
San Juan Island Chamber of Commerce
Arriving By Boat: We have a 30 foot dock with 25 feet of water even at low tide open for you on a first come first serve..so when you make your reservation please tell us if you are bringing boat so we can reserve the dock for you. We have to know in advance.
Moorage is available at the Port of Friday Harbor and Roche Harbor Resort. Call for reservations.
Port of Friday Harbor Marina
Roche Harbor Resort Marina
Arriving By Bus:
Scheduled bus service to the Anacortes Ferry Terminal is available from Seattle/Tacoma International Airport. Buses are also available from Victoria to the Washington State Ferry at Sydney (BC), from Anacortes to the Anacortes Ferry Terminal and from Vancouver (BC) International Airport to Bellingham, WA.
San Juan Transit
Arriving By Car:
The Washington State Ferries offer the only vehicle service to the San Juan Islands from Anacortes and Sidney (Victoria), BC.
Arriving on Foot:
Cars, mopeds and bikes can be rented in Friday Harbor. There are also taxi and bus services.
Friday Harbor Lights is located about two blocks from the ferry terminal, 1/2 mile from the airport and just a few blocks from the center of town. It is an easy walk without heavy luggage. A taxi will cost about $10 dollars.
Bob’s Taxi Service
Arriving By Plane:
Flights are available from Seattle/Tacoma International Airport, Anacortes, Bellingham, Port Angeles, all San Juan Islands, Vancouver and Victoria (BC).
Arriving By Train:
There are Amtrak train terminals in Bellingham and Seattle.
Fall: October – November
Winter: December – February
Spring: March – May
Summer: June – September
San Juan Excursions